Close this search box.

Patient Farts In Tokyo Hospital, Causes Fire

tokyo hospital

Here is one for the freaky embarrassing accidents category.

The incident that caused a fire actually occurred last April, however only now the cause of the fire has come to light after an inquiry by medical experts around the case.

The patient, who is aged in her 30’s, was in surgery for a procedure involving applying a laser to her cervix according to reports.

When the woman farted though, it it is believed to have caused the laser to ignite, resulting in serious burns to a large part of her waist and legs.

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the committee said in its report.